Wednesday, August 15, 2012

scribble art canvases

Quite a while ago I pinned this page on Pinterest: http://squashblossombabies.com/2012/01/19/toddler-scribble-art/

After trying one of these scribble art canvases I have to say I love the idea.  I will definitely make a few more to hang along with this one that I finished today.

I did a less complicated version of the instructions on the Squash Blossom Babies link so I'll explain my process.  I took a few scribble drawings (we have plenty these days):

I cut out shapes.  I used scissors not a knife like the original poster.  I had a spare black canvas from another Pinterest project that went bad.  I didn't paint the canvas.  I glued the shapes on.  I haven't coated it with anything yet.  I think I might hang it and use it as my tester to see how it holds up.  I don't want it to end up being sticky.  I'll update if I end up coating it or changing anything the second time around.  I love this idea and I think it will look really cute hanging up.  As the original poster commented, it's a great way to save some of the scribble drawings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment