Tuesday, August 14, 2012

smoosh painting

This is a relatively quick and clean art activity.  Our finished smoosh paintings came out colorful and cute but M lost interest in this pretty quickly so we didn't cover the entire shapes.

I think this would be great with two or three year old who could appreciate the mixing colors.  Materials you need: paint, large ziploc bags (make sure they have a good zip), and paper shapes.  We used construction paper.
Put one shape in a bag with some paint.  We used two colors at a time because I could see putting all the colors in and having just turn brownish.  I put a good glob of each color but in retrospect I would add more paint.  Zip up the bag and get smooshing....
Here are before and after shots:


We did this project on the floor and M used his hands and feet to smoosh.  I would recommend trying to take the paper out of the bag as soon as you're done.  I ended up leaving our second one in a little longer and it was kind of stuck to the bag.  The best part of this activity was that there was virtually no clean up.  M did this in his whitest shirt and all I did at the end was throw the bags away.  Loved that part of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment