Wednesday, May 16, 2012

welcome

Last week I was working on making invitations and decorations for my son's first birthday in June.  I said to my husband, "this is a year's worth of unused first grade teacher creativity coming out."  That's basically what you'll find on this blog.  
I have worked as a first grade teacher for the last three years before taking this past year off after having my first child, M.  He's almost a year old and I'm loving that we're getting into some really fun and interesting activities now.  I've used a combination of the internet, ideas from teaching, and books to come up with some of the stuff we've tried over the past few months.  It was suggested that I share some of this stuff on a blog, which I thought was a great idea.  It's my hope that people will share their own ideas with us in the comments sections so we have more fun stuff to try.  
I've gone back through pictures I have and begun our blog with some of the things we've already done.  I've tried to explain them the best I can for those who might want to try them.  I mentioned if there were any things I would do differently a second time.  I also listed our favorite things about each activity (from M's perspective and from my own).  
I hope you enjoy reading and I hope we have lots more to add soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment