Wednesday, May 2, 2012

finger painting

I had tried getting Miles to "color" using crayons a few times in the past month.  He doesn't have a lot of interest yet and was happier to try to eat the crayons.  From a selfish mommy perspective I was really looking forward to some art on the fridge :)
I read about edible finger painting before and tried one recipe that was corn starch based.  I must have mixed it wrong because it came out more like a cross between jell-o and play-doh.  So then I decided to go simple and just use a small amount of food coloring to dye the vanilla yogurt he loves.  I was a little paranoid about his fingers being stained but that didn't happen.  I also used the moving tape we currently have in surplus to tape down the paper because I knew it would be tossed on the floor if I didn't.


To my surprise once he figured it out he was much more interested in "painting" than eating.  He also enjoyed watching me "write" his name in the paint.


Why we loved edible finger painting....
baby: he got to make a huge mess that tasted delicious
mommy: we finally made some art!  

M's age when we played: 10 months, 3 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment